Camp is an experience that cannot be duplicated in any other environment, offering the opportunity for your child to achieve poise, confidence and the ability to make friends.
Some suggestions for your child as he/she gets ready for camp
- New Camper Orientation Sunday, June 30 from 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- Watch the Promotional Video and What Campers Say Video on our website.
- Come to one of our Open Houses during the winter or spring.
- Set up a phone call with Evan and your child.
- Have your child look at their Group Schedule and go over their Choice Periods if applicable.
- We know that new campers are often nervous, and we recognize that challenge and turn it into an opportunity to build confidence and independence. As a smaller camp, we quickly get to know our new campers and do all we can to make their first summer at Camp W one they will absolutely love.
Parents should know on the first day of camp
1. Their child will get a tour of the camp and begin to familiarize themselves with all the activity areas.
2. They will receive a text from their child’s counselor by mid-day
3. Any camper that starts after Week 1, will be paired up with another camper in their group for their first day.